Carrog, near Corwen
Call: 01490 430272
Grouse Inn Community Shop
Opening times 10am – 12pm daily
- Payment by card or correct cash please.
- Use side door entrance; 1-in 1-out rule please.
In light of the lockdown we have decided to move away from takeaways and offer much needed basic items of food and toiletries. We are dependant on wholesale deliveries which can vary depending on their stock levels.
We thank you in advance for your community spirit and patience.
Tel: 01490 430272
Bottles and Cans
- Lager / Bitter / Bud / Peroni / Speckled Hen / Guiness / Strongbow: £2.00
- Koppaberg / Bulmers: £2.50
- Wine, red / white / rose, bottle: £8.00
- Assorted chocolates, Snickers / Twix / Bounty / Dairy Milk: 90p
- Assorted crisps & nuts, cheese & onion / ready salted / prawn cocktail / salt & vinegar / salted peanuts / dry roasted peanuts / scampi fries / bacon fries / pork scratchings: 60p
Food and Drink
- Penne Pasta, 500g: £2.00
- Eggs, x 6: £1.20
- Rice, 250g: £ 1.50
- Chopped tomatoes, 400g: 40p
- Baked beans, 400g: 40p
- Kidney beans, 400g: 65p
- Assorted boxes small cereal: 60p
- White sugar, 500g: £1.00
- UHT milk, 1 litre: £1.50
- Tea bags, 40 (Tetley): £1.00
- Assorted biscuits: 60p/£1.00
- Orange juice, 1 ltr: £1.00
- Coke / Pepsi, 2ltr: £1.90
- J20, orange + passion / apple + rasp / apple + mango: £1.50
- Cans, coke / diet coke / 7up / R whites lemonade: £1.00
- Fruit shoot , orange / blackcurrant: 50p
- Cigarette papers: 30p
- Lighter: £1.50
- Cigarette tips: 90p
The pub on the River Dee with a view like few others
A warm welcome or, Croeso, as we say in North Wales. Staff have been welcoming locals and visitors to The Grouse Inn since the 19th century, before which it was a farmhouse. Open all year round, and with our own sizeable car park, we serve locals, hikers, cyclists, dog walkers, tourists and campers alike.
Stunning views - The surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is breathtaking, and The Grouse Inn overlooks an ancient stone bridge of five arches, spanning the River Dee. Built in 1660, the bridge connects Carrog's caravan site and railway station to the farming and village community.
Home-cooked food - We offer traditional pub fare, from curries and stews to full Sunday lunches. Well known favourites include fish & chips, gammon steak and whole grilled trout, and we have an in-depth understanding of lactose and gluten free catering. We don’t do ‘posh’ food, just great food cooked with care.
Cask ales - As an independent licensee of JW Lees, we stock a range of beers and lagers, but since cask ales are the life blood of a company that's brewed beer since 1828, we’re sure to have something to suit your taste. Try a bottle of our legendary Harvest Ale, or the zesty, amber Dragon’s Fire, an all-malt cask ale.